10.6 Shoot

Friday, October 8, 2010

2 comments:

David Stover said...

Your lighting and composition work well. The only addition I would have made is adding a small fill card, maybe silver, to the top edge of the "dish" to give it a little separation from the black background.

Once you have figured out a setup like this, locking your camera in position on a tripod and working out the details such as the fill card will help. You can certainly try many different angles, objects and lighting but eventually you need to COMMIT to one setup and really work it to get all the details right.

David

Kevin Murphy said...

I love the slight purple visible on the back of the dish, and the reflection as well. Nice use of the scratch on the light table too. However, I agree that it is very bothersome that the left lip of the dish melts into the black background. It will be cool to see this printed out and see if it keeps it's luminosity.