Melissa Rabin: First Shoot

Sunday, September 26, 2010


So, I decided to leave my image in color. I like this much better than the black and white version. Not a very complicated lighting situation. I might add more lights for further shoots but the backlight will stay the same.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love love love this! I wonder if in future shoots you could try to do something a bit darker, and get a darker silhouette.

Kevin Murphy said...

I really like the colors and slight blue of the background paper coming through. I also love how the light hits the arm and gives the form a bit of sustanance outside of pure silhouette, as well as the awesome shadow of the arm it casts on the closest layer of fabric. Perhaps you could use this effect to your advantage and have multiple backlights to make weird 3d shadows like the arm casts. Also, I really wanted to see the silhouette of her head/hair more clearly and the billowed fabric obscures it somewhat. The one thing that really bugs me about the picture and I keep looking at is the dark slice in the bottom right corner. Overall a great first attempt at multi-layered fabric silhouettes!