The first three of the women are the most successful. I really need to see prints to make a definitive opinion though. The high contrast and "bleeding" to white of the background works well especially with the overhead views. The first three stand on their own as nude studies. You do need to figure out how to make the background "color" transition into the pure white areas.
I'm not crazy about the highly Photoshopped/filtered/colorized ones.
I like the editing on the girl with the tattoo on her back the most, where the bottom right corner is blue. I think that this minimal color works well, and enhances the kind of delicate nature the image already possesses. I also think that the black and white images could really work well if the lighting was a bit softer and the background and foreground were lit evenly. The forms and poses are excellent, but I'm bothered by the relationship between the foreground and background.
2 comments:
The first three of the women are the most successful. I really need to see prints to make a definitive opinion though. The high contrast and "bleeding" to white of the background works well especially with the overhead views. The first three stand on their own as nude studies. You do need to figure out how to make the background "color" transition into the pure white areas.
I'm not crazy about the highly Photoshopped/filtered/colorized ones.
David
I like the editing on the girl with the tattoo on her back the most, where the bottom right corner is blue. I think that this minimal color works well, and enhances the kind of delicate nature the image already possesses. I also think that the black and white images could really work well if the lighting was a bit softer and the background and foreground were lit evenly. The forms and poses are excellent, but I'm bothered by the relationship between the foreground and background.
Post a Comment